Pages

Sunday 12 December 2021

Make Something That Flies-By Amiel (Summer Learning Journey Task 1)

 Make Something That Flies


Its Week 1 and the Summer Learning Journey Starts! For the 1st task in the Summer Learning Journey Nano Girl has setup an activity for us to do, in this activity we are gonna try to make something that flies, such as planes. Nano Girl has setup list of instructions for 3 different types of planes and these are, a traditional paper plane, a ring glider and a hoop glider. I chose to make a normal paper plane since its very easy to make but I did some testing with it. For my 1st test I measured how far does a normal size paper plane goes, Here is the Results.


The Results are 360 cm to my feet to Point of impact by using rulers.

For the next test I use a smaller paper plane (4 cm shorter in width)  to see if size affect the distance the plane travels.

Here is the results


The Results are the same as the normal sized paper plane so its safe to say that size doesn't matter with paper planes.




2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Amiel,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey. It is awesome to see that you have signed up and started the summer learning journey, there are a lot of fun activities we post each day so I look forward to seeing you blog about them throughout the summer.

    I think you did an awesome job of introducing the activity and explaining your paper plane making process and it is great to see the scientific approach you took by measuring and comparing the distance and sizes of your planes.

    Awesome job including videos too, which was your favourite to make and did you have a go at making the other planes in the activity like the circular plane?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amiel

    This is a great video you've posted really outstanding. I can;t wait to see more of your post. Kai pai you deserve it.

    Kind Regards
    Willietony

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.