Pages

Sunday 19 December 2021

Make Something That Floats-By Amiel

 Make Something That Floats!


New fresh day=New tasks! For this task we are gonna make something that floats, It could be made of sticks wood or anything else that floats. Once I started this activity I tried to use sticks but all of the sticks on my backyard was super to thin and it probably won't float, for my second idea I tried to use Jenga blocks and for my surprise it actually floats so thats what my boat is made off. For my first experiment I build a 4 block (wide) platform with tape so I can just see how good it floats. Anyways here a video of the platform I build.


For the next experiment I use a Lego car to see if the platform can withstand the weight of the Lego car 


Well it turns out it can't withstand the weight of a Lego car, the problem is that the Lego car keeps slipping off the platform so my Idea to fix it is to add 4 more blocks under the platform to make it more buoyant, I guess? I think i'm using the right term.


 It seems like It still doesn't wanna float and the reason why I remove the wheels is to prevent it rolling away. For my next idea I made another section and I basically a copy and paste from the other platform, Here is the video of it.


Finally it floats with the Lego Car, this took me lot's and time and effort so for my own reward I test it on a whirlpool, Here it is!


Conclusion:

It has been a fun activity and one of my favourite ones. I'm hopping to do more of these type of activity.

 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Amiel,

    It's so great to see your enthusiasm for the Summer Learning Journey activities!

    Wow, this is a fantastic blog post. Great job completing the Nanogirl challenge for this week. Did you enjoy being an inventor?

    Great use of the term ‘buoyant’ - it is the correct word!

    Creating a whirlpool was a cool way to test how your platform could handle the water, very innovative. Have you made little boats out of any other material before?

    I’m marking this post as an outstanding blog post, for your commitment to the challenge, perseverance through the tests and a fantastic outcome!

    Keep up the excellent work! I'm excited to see your next creations or inventions.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Amiel
    Great effort on this task. Have a safe Christmas to you and your whanau. God Bless
    Estherose

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.